Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer is Here!

Hola my sweet boy!  Oh my goodness, your last letter was intense!  I have read it over and over and still can't believe the crazy experiences you are having in Honduras.  I am so grateful you are safe, I pray for you every day.  I hope this week has been a little calmer for you.

So summer is officially here!  The last day of school for Stefanie and I was Friday, although Stefanie sluffed most of the last week, haha! Dad has one more week.  Last Monday for FHE we made a "summer bucket list" with Rachel and George.  We have things on it like go camping, have a ping-pong tournament, go to a Bees game, go to the Lehi Rodeo, take out the canoe, go bowling…etc.  We hope we can make it a fun and busy summer!  The main thing we are looking forward to is a Smith family reunion in Indiana in July.

Today was a good day, we went to Billy and Josette's Sacrament Meeting for baby Lydia's blessing.  Afterwards we went to their house for lunch.  Roger was there, Nathaniel and his family, and Trevor.  Super fun to spend the afternoon with them and Lydia looked so darling in her long white dress.

Sports update from Dad:  The World Cup starts in less than two weeks, all the teams are in Brazil getting ready.  It will be exciting!  The NHL and NBA finals start this week, the LA Kings will play the New York Rangers for the Stanley Cup, and the Miami Heat and the Sand Antonio Spurs will play for the second year in a row for the championship.  In local news, the Lehi girls softball team won the state championship this year.  Nice to have another state title for Lehi.

So were you able to locate the people who were in the car accident last week, Jeffrey and Rixi?  I am curious how they are doing, and what kind of impression they had on the priesthood blessings they received.  God works in mysterious ways!  Also, how are wedding plans coming for Glenda and Fernando?  I hope they are moving forward in their progress.  I have included them in every prayer this week, and also Lillian and Vivian.

I have been reading all the talks from our most recent General Conference.  Such great counsel and guidance! On of my favorite talks is from Elder Holland, here is a quote from him:  "I say to all and especially the youth of the church that if you haven't already, you will one day find yourself called upon to defend your faith or perhaps even endure some personal abuse simply because you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."  Wow, that makes me realize that the world is changing, and we have to be prepared with courage and a strong testimony.  I am so proud of you for defending and sharing your faith every day in Honduras.  What a great example you are to me and to everyone who knows you.

I love you!  
Love, Mom