Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day

Hola, Elder Smith!  Happy Memorial Day!  Today we are planting our garden, doing some yard work, and going to a movie with Rachel and George.  But the best thing about Memorial Day is it means there are only four days left of school.  Hooray!  Lehi Graduation is on Thursday, it brings back happy memories of your graduation one year ago. Driving down to the Marriott Center, seeing you in a cap and gown, dinner at Carrabas, home for cake and ice-cream, and then you were off to your all night party.  What a wonderful day, I felt so proud of you!  And now it is one year later. So excited that school is nearly over and summer is here.

Thursday was the High School 5A soccer state championship game at Rio Tinto. Riverton vs. Freemont.  We wouldn't have missed it!  Riverton is the new State Champions, winning 1-0.  Jerry wrote on Facebook, "Good job Riverton, see you next season. Way to keep the state title in Region IV."  But the best part about being at the game?  We were flipping through the program during halftime and there in the program was a picture of YOU!!!  Shirtless, arms in the air, cheering with your teammates after the game. Awesome!

In other news, you are a cousin again!  Tami had her baby yesterday!  A 9-pound baby girl, her name is Paige Hofmann. That makes two new baby girls born since you left, one on each side of the family.  

We were happy to hear that Ana Rosa was baptized, that is great news. And now we are hoping to hear that Glenda was married and baptized this week.  Send us an update on her.  Also, I am happy you are doing "Hour of Power" again.  I will definitely join you in that!   

Well, I have had a heavy heart since I heard the news about the missionary who was killed in a car accident in Yuscaran. My prayers are with his family, his companion and everyone who loved him.  I hope they will find some comfort knowing he passed in the service of his Heavenly Father. Had you met him?  How has President Hernandez handled this with the other missionaries?  I am constantly praying for your safety, and for the safety of all our missionaries around the world.

Love you!  ~Mom