Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day

Hola my son, Elder Smith!  How was your week?  We were so excited to read your letter from last week, and to hear that Glenda was married, baptized and confirmed.  So awesome!  I really hope and pray that in a year you will be sitting in the temple with her family as they are sealed.  Something to look forward to!

So today is Father's Day, we have tried to make it special for Dad!  He got breakfast in bed, his choice for Sunday dinner (lasagna and garlic bread), and a few nice presents.  Rachel and George came over this evening, it has been a good day! 

In your last letter you mentioned a song called "The Work".  We googled it and found it on YouTube, it is amazing!  I've listened to it every day, brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.  I ordered the CD from Amazon, can't wait to get it.  Do you have the CD?  Would you like me to send one to you?  I really love it. 

I talked to Lori Campbell this week, asked her about Chris' wedding plans.  She said they are coming along fine, they are getting married the end of July.  Lori then started talking about Michael, she is so worried about him.  He is hesitating on the mission thing because there have been a bunch of his friends giving up and coming home early. Michael wonders if he is ready, and doesn't want to be another one to quickly come home.  Lori asked me if I would ask you to write him a letter and try to boost his confidence a little.  She really wants him to go and is doing everything she can to light a fire under him.  I told her I would pass along her request to you.  So there you go.  

Yesterday was a stake 5K, Dad is on the stake activities committee, so he was partially in charge of it.  It was great, our first race of the summer!  About 40 people came to run, walk, bike, or skate, I came in 5th of all the women! Later this month Dad is going to run Ragnar!  Rushforth asked him to join his group, should be fun.  Dad has run every day this week with his cross country team, and Stefanie has gone every day too. On the 24th of July (your 1-year anniversary) there is a "Temple-to-Temple 5K" in Provo we are all going to run, even Rachel and George.  We are quite the running family!  

So the World Cup is in full swing!  So exciting!  


We have watched nearly every game so far.  So sad that Honduras lost to France, I'll bet all your Honduran friends were very disappointed.  We are excited to watch USA vs. Ghana tomorrow (Monday) afternoon at 4:00.  Have you been able to watch some games?  Can't wait to hear what it has been like for you since Thursday!

Love you!  ~Mom