Sunday, September 6, 2009
Jon Schmidt Concert
Jon Schmidt is amazing! He is absolutely my favorite piano composer, arranger and performer ever. Last night Kent and I went to his concert at the gorgeous waterfall ampitheater at Thanksgiving Point, it was incredible. It was his first public performance of "Love Story meets Viva La Vida" and it sounded even better live than it does on the YouTube video. I bought his newest CD "Bonus Tracks", as well as a Christmas piano book that I am so excited to begin practicing. For over two hours last night I was completely mesmerized as he performed to a sell out crowd. Even Kent loved the concert which is saying something because I pretty much dragged him there. Let's just say it wasn't his first entertainment choice for the evening, but we both had a fabulous time, and we're both in awe of Jon Schmidt's remarkable talent.