Friday, September 5, 2014

Trevor's Wedding

Hola my son!  How was your week?  Loved reading your last letter about your investigators, and the things you have been studying.  I especially loved your rhetorical question… "When is the last time you asked God to bless you with a spiritual gift that will help you to achieve a goal?" I have really been giving that question some thought. I have always been goal oriented, I love to set and check off goals.  But I have never thought about asking for spiritual gifts that might help me to achieve them.  Awesome challenge!  I have been giving it much study and thought. 

So you asked Dad to send you information about colleges where you could play soccer when you get back.  We have been looking into that, and you have some very promising leads!  Dad got a message this week from Jeff Atkinson, the coach at Western Wyoming…"I am extremely interested in talking to you about what Western Wyoming could offer to Braden. He is one of our big targets that we would love to have on the squad for the fall 2015 season.  We will be in contact soon."  Also, we ran into Landon Jacobsen's mom a few days ago, Landon will play at Western Wyoming this season and really wants you to be his teammate next year! He will put in a good word about you.  

And here is a message from Coach MacRae from Iowa Lakes…"I am very interested in Braden. Could you send me some highlights of him playing?  We will bring in 10-12 new players for next year."  So Dad and Rushforth will put together a CD of your highlights to send to Coach MacRae. Do you know where we can find your game tapes? I'm sure we will find them somewhere.

There are still a couple of schools Dad wants to contact on your behalf, let us know if you have any particular school in mind.  We will take care of everything for you so you won't have to worry a thing about it.  I have no doubt you will soon be playing college soccer with a full scholarship, and we will do everything in our power to make that happen.  Exciting!

Well, our big event of the week was Trevor and Megan's wedding.  They were married Saturday morning in the Mt. Timpanogos temple.  After the ceremony was a catered luncheon by Costa Vida, and then an outdoor reception that evening across the street from the temple at the amphitheater--the same place where your prom pictures were taken.  Ah, everything was so beautiful!  It has been fun to spend time with the Smith family all weekend.  Grandma, Linda and Nancy flew in on Thursday, they stayed with Billy on Thursday and Friday, and have been with us yesterday, today and tomorrow. We are all so happy for Trevor and Megan!  I will attach a couple of pictures.




One more thing I want to tell you about…Saturday morning before the wedding was the Grass Relays cross country meet at AFHS…Stefanie's first race!  She did great!  She ended up somewhere in the middle of the pack, but with a strong determination to train harder and do better at the next meet. You would have been proud of her!  She looked cute wearing a Lehi uniform.



Well, that's all for today!  Tomorrow (Monday) is Labor Day, so no school. We will take Grandma to the airport, and go out to lunch with Rachel and George.  Hope you have a wonderful week, I love you so much!  

Love, Mom