Today
was a great Sunday. Instead of going to our regular church meetings we
got to attend a broadcast of the re-dedication of the Ogden temple. It
was held at our stake center, and everyone had to have a current temple
recommend to get in. The stake center became an extension of the
temple. Speakers included Elder David A. Bednar and President Monson.
I really liked Elder Bednar's talk, he spoke about the contrast between
the world and the temple. This is from my notes:
World--hectic, noisy, hurried, chaotic
Temple--reverent, orderly, still, quiet
World--selfish, self centered
Temple--a place of selfless service
World--physical, moral and mental pollution
Temple---a place of purity, no unclean thing can enter
World--breaks apart marriages and families
Temple--seals and binds families together
World--people differentiated by class, race, social position, prestige, title, reputation
Temple--no economic or social divisions, God is no respecter of persons
World--education is offered to an elite few
Temple--the mysteries of God are revealed to all
World--frequent changes in belief and understanding of science, philosophy
Temple--true doctrine taught, never changing
After
the dedicatory prayer offered by President Monson, we got to wave our
white handkerchiefs and participate in the "Hosannah Shout". Do you
remember doing that for the Draper, Oquirrh Mt. and Brigham City
dedications? It was awesome, and the spirit filled the room. I was so
glad we were able to go.
In
other news, yesterday Dad and I went to a BYU football game. It had
been a couple of years since we had been in Lavell Edwards Stadium, so
we were super excited to go! Kevin texted me the day before and said he
had some extra tickets, did we want them? Uh…yeah!! They played
against Virginia and beat them 41-33. It was an exciting, high scoring
game and we had great seats right on the 50-yard-line. BYU is now 4-0.
Thursday
night was Parent/Teacher conference at the high school. I went with
Stefanie and met all her teachers. She is doing great as a sophomore,
A's in almost all her classes! I am very proud of her! We have had
over a month of school and she has only missed one day, that is amazing
for her! We talked to Coach Hayes, he is Stef's math teacher. He asked
about you and said to say hello.
This
week Dad and I worked on your soccer highlight CD. George came over
and helped us with the finishing touches, it looks great! I updated and
typed a "soccer resume", and will mail those two things to a few
coaches this week. Dad and I have been praying for Heavenly Father to
clear a path for you so you can get a full scholarship and go where you
will have a great soccer and college experience. I know he will answer
our prayers.
This week I got a message from Paula Glassett, Zach's mom. Here is what she said…
"I
am wondering if you might be willing to help me. We are going to
Honduras the day after Christmas to visit Zach's mission areas. We want
to stay one night in Choluteca and the only hotel Zach has found looks
super sketchy. Zach said there was a nice one that President Hernandez
used to stay in. I have tried to call the mission office to ask about
it, but with no luck. Do you mind asking Braden if he would be willing
to contact the office elders or APs and ask them what hotel the mission
president stays in when he goes to Choluteca? Also, I would be happy
to deliver a package to Braden for you. I am sure Zach would love to
find him and say hello."
Let
me know if this is something you can help with. If you are too busy,
or you don't want to bother the office staff, I'm sure she would
understand! But I am excited that she has offered to take you a
package, just in time for your birthday! Awesome!
Well,
that is all our news for today. Life is good and we are so thankful to
have a missionary in our family, we are being blessed in many
significant ways. You make us very proud! We love you!!! Love, Mom
