What were your biggest accomplishments this year? Getting hired as a first grade teacher at Lehi Elementary school! It happened on my anniversary, August 18th. And making it through a year as a missionary mom!
What was your happiest moment? That phone call from my new principal saying, "Are you ready to come to work?" First I screamed, then I cried!
What was your proudest moment? Sharing the news that my dream had finally come true, and I was a "real" teacher! This was my Facebook post (that I had actually written the day before with much hope in my heart...) "So excited that I've been hired to teach first grade at Lehi Elementary! I will really miss teaching at Saratoga Shores, and all my cute kids and wonderful friends there. It is not easy to walk away from a job I have LOVED for eight years. But I am ready for a new challenge. Now I just have to figure out how to get my new classroom ready in LESS THAN A WEEK!!"
What was your most spiritual experience? A strong confirmation while in the temple a couple of weeks before I was hired.
What was your most difficult experience? Getting my classroom ready to go with only a week's head start. Also, teaching is not easy and I have had several overwhelmed moments.
What was your biggest disappointment? All the many interviews and rejections in the weeks and months and years leading up to my hiring.
What will you remember most about this year? Having a missionary son, and getting hired as an elementary school teacher.
Here's to turning 45! I could not be more blessed. My cup is over flowing!
