Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII

Hola, my boy!  Happy Super Bowl Sunday! The Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks! We went to Rachel's house this afternoon to watch the game, she did a great job hosting the party! She had tons of food, we brought a big dish of seven-layer dip, yumm! There were 12 people there, all dressed in our favorite jerseys, including Milo! Too bad it was a lousy game, 43-8 for the Seahawks, but I like the commercials best anyway. Haha!  It was a fun evening.


Today I taught the Sharing Time lesson in primary, it was all about the plan of Salvation.  I had four questions written on the board, they were…Who Am I?  Where Did I Come From?  Why Am I Here?  and Where Will I Go After I Die?  I told the children that there are many people who live their whole lives without knowing the answers to those questions because they haven't been taught about Heavenly Father's plan.  How blessed we are to be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints because we have the answers to all of those important questions!  Then we looked up a few scriptures that give us the answers.  They are:  Psalms 82:6, D&C 138:56, Abraham 3:25, and Alma 40:11.  I am grateful to know about Heavenly Father's plan for his children!  I am glad you are sharing that message with the people of Honduras so they can know the answers to those questions too!  

Yesterday Stefanie had another cheer competition, this one was in Layton.  Her team won first place in their division!  They did great! Her shoulder and elbow are still a little sore, but much better than a couple of weeks ago.  Those competitions are a lot of fun.  Two more local competitions coming up…one at Copper Hills and the last one at Herriman, and then the national competition in Anaheim.  I just booked our hotel room yesterday, we are excited to go!  Stefanie sure loves her cheer group.


Dad's JV team is doing great, they won both their games this week against AF at home on Tuesday, and on Friday at Lone Peak.  Dad was excited to win the Lone Peak game, he said it was the only gym in the state that he had never had a win.  After the game the boys were celebrating, they told Dad that they had done it for him, so he could now boast that he had a win at every Utah gym he'd ever coached in.  Awesome!  But the Varsity is a different story, they lost both games by 21. No surprise! This week won't be much easier with Pleasant Grove at home and Riverton on the road.  The basketball season is quickly coming to an end and will be over before we know it!

So how was your week?  Great letter from last week…the mini CCM with the youth in your stake sounds awesome!  They look like a great group of future missionaries!  I hope they are helping you now to bring souls unto Christ.  Did you teach any good lessons this week?  Meet any potential converts?  How exciting it must be!  What a great time to be a missionary.  We love you and pray for you every single day.  We speak of you multiple times each day.  You are never far from our thoughts.  Hope you have a good week.  

Love, Mom