Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Saw Your Missionary!

So after the morning session of general conference I got an email from a sweet neighbor with the title, "I Saw Your Missionary!"  I was a bit baffled as I opened her email.  It said, "Was watching the segment between conference sessions, a documentary on the Mexico MTC, and saw Elder Smith!  Wonderful to see his bright, smiling missionary face!"

So I ran downstairs to the TV and saw that it was still recording, hooray!!  We started it over from the beginning, watched for a few minutes and there was my boy looking all handsome in his suit and tie.




A few minutes later I got a text message from another friend telling me she had just seen Elder Smith on TV.  Haha, love it! 

One year ago this morning when President Monson made his big announcement I had no idea what this year would bring for Braden.  Still can hardly believe it.  Less than three months later he turned 18.  A few weeks after that he turned in his mission papers.  Then his call came, he graduated from high school, and was gone.  It all happened so fast!  I am grateful that he was ready, willing and worthy to immediately heed the call of the prophet.