Hola, my missionary son! Happy Fall Break! No school for Stefanie and I last Thursday and Friday, and tomorrow. We celebrated by going out to lunch both days, and decorating our front porch for fall. We got our traditional hay bale, corn stalks and spiderwebs, dug out Sammy the Scarecrow, and the giant spider, and picked all the pumpkins that have been growing in our garden all summer. Then we strung orange lights up the bannister, just like always. We are ready for Halloween!!
Another big event this week was Dad's region meet for Cross Country. Both his girls' and boys' teams qualified for State! Dad was really happy, especially because those are the only teams from Copper Hills making it to the State playoffs in any of their fall sports. Must be because of their awesome coach! Lehi's Region 4 meet is on Wednesday, it is not looking good for the boys, but the girls' team should come in 3rd or 4th. We are crossing fingers for Lehi.
I have had a great weekend, yesterday I got to attend the baptism of the cute Crockett twins. I love attending baptisms, I get that opportunity nearly every month when my primary children turn 8-years-old. It is one of my favorite responsibilities of my calling. We were wondering if you have attended any baptisms in Honduras? Are any of your investigators getting close? After the baptism Dad and I went to the temple, and then we started our fast. Of course the main focus of our fast was our Elder Smith! It was a privilege for us to go without food for 24 hours in your behalf, we hope you will reap a few blessings from that! Then Ward Council meeting this morning, Sacrament Meeting, and primary, I love them all! Testimony meeting today was great, Michael shared his testimony. He mentioned you, and read a funny email message you had sent to him about a couple you were teaching, and how the gospel helps us all to repent and overcome our sins. It was a great testimony, we sure love Michael.
Last Wednesday was Dad's 46th birthday! Stefanie had cheer practice so Dad and I went out to eat at an Italian place in Sandy, then we picked her up and came home for cake and ice cream with Rachel and George. Dad's best birthday gift was a fancy new cell phone. He has spent all week trying to figure the thing out and experimenting with different ring tones and text alerts.
You would be so proud of the three of us, Dad, Stefanie and I. We are doing great with our scripture study and family prayer. We set a goal that if we could go a full week of reading scriptures, we would reward ourselves with a trip to U-Swirl. We did it, and that was our Family Home Evening last week. Now our goal is to go two weeks without missing and our reward will be Cafe Rio! Definitely worth the effort.
We love you so much! We miss you like crazy, your name gets brought up many times every single day. We hope the time is going quickly for you, and that you are happy.
Love, Mom, Dad and Stefanie

