Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer Bucket List


Summer is nearly here!  It is now Memorial Day weekend, which will be followed by two full days of school, then summer vacation will officially begin on Thursday after our faculty luncheon and check-out.  It has been a great year but I am so looking forward to taking a nice long break with my family.  This time of year is exciting and  rejuvenating; the perfect time to set a few goals.  So with that in mind, I have created a summer bucket list.  These are the things I hope to experience and accomplish before school starts back up in the fall.  Here goes...

*Finish reading the Book of Mormon...right now I am stuck in Mosiah.

*Train for and complete the Freedom Festival 10K.  This is a goal every summer, but it never gets any easier!

*Attend "Arts Express", a two-day music teacher conference in June.  This will be my 6th year going and I look forward to it every summer.

*Crochet 3 afghans for some very special women in my life whom I have grown to love--the other members of my primary presidency.  But I won't give them away until the day we are released.

*Write the primary sacrament meeting program.  I am hoping it will be easier the second time around.

*Learn how to use "Heritage Collectors"...an amazing new software program I just bought...and complete a cool project. 

*Plan a romantic weekend getaway with my husband

*Plan a fun GNO with my daughters.

*Do something really cool and memorable for--or with--my son. (Haven't thought of the specifics yet...)

*See a play.

*Go to an outdoor concert.

*Host a social event.
 
*Have a picnic.

*Go camping.

*Take a hike.

*Clean and organize my exercise/storage room.  

*And now for the hardest one...NO SUGAR ALL SUMMER!!  Rachel and I are doing this one together.  It has already been a month, so if I can last this long I know I can make it.  The first two weeks were the hardest, and then the cravings began to subside.  Hooray!