Friday, August 14, 2009

Last Day of Summer

Today is, officially, my last day of summer. Teacher meetings begin Monday morning. The kids start classes on Thursday, and Kent heads back for meetings next week. Where did the summer go? It seems to have passed in a blink. There is much anticipation in the air, new clothes carefully hung in closets, new backpacks filled with the necessities of school life. All three kids are excited to see their friends, meet new teachers, and begin adventures that come with a new school year. And me...I admit it...I've had a few butterfly moments as well.

So to celebrate my last day of summer, I took my daughters for a "Girls' Day Out". I treated them both to pedicures, we did some shopping, and then went out for a girly lunch. It was a perfect ending to a wonderful summer.

And now...let the school year begin!