Sunday, October 5, 2008

CONFERENCE WEEKEND TRADITIONS

Here are a few old and new conference weekend traditions...

Watching Conference: It has been such a great priviledge this weekend to watch General Conference. Especially exciting was the announcement from President Monson of five new temples being built around the world. I love this tradition of gathering with my family to hear wise words of counsel from our prophets and leaders.

*Girls' Night: On Saturday night while the boys were at the Priesthood session, I hosted a little get-together for a couple of my favorite neighbor friends and our daughters. We had a great time chatting, playing games and eating ice cream sundaes. We all had such a fun time we decided to make this a new conference weekend tradition.

*Planting Bulbs: A few years ago I planted all my tulip, crocus and daffodil bulbs the week-end of conference. Then the next year I did it again, and the tradition has stuck! It's yet another reason I look forward to conference weekend. So this weekend found me on my hands and knees with my tools and my bag of birthday tulips, playing in the dirt. I didn't quite finish because it got too rainy, but I got a good start.