
Four summers ago Kent and I decided to buy an arbor for our back yard and put in a couple of concord grapevine plants to grow up and over it. We found a lovely ornate cast-iron arbor, 7 feet tall.

That first summer we weren't sure if either of the grapevines would make it, and we didn't see even one grape. The next summer was about the same.

Then last summer it did a little better, grew to to the top of the arbor and gave us a few grapes.

And now look at it! It is so bushy, we've had to trim it regularly so we could walk under it. We've got so many bunches of grapes, I guess I'll have to buy a juicer and learn how to bottle grape juice.

The grapes are sweet and juicy, and we all love picking a few every time we pass by.

I guess we shouldn't have bought such a fancy arbor, you can barely see any of it!