Friday, May 30, 2008

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

Yay! Today was the last day of school. We can hardly believe the school year is over. Here was Stefanie, clutching her "teacher gift" and cheering as she left for the school bus. Rachel was so excited to spend her last day of middle school with friends, signing yearbooks, and celebrating her freedom.
And here's Braden...not quite as excited as his sisters. He begged us to let him skip the last day so he could sleep. Crazy kid!
It was my last day of school, too. Woohoo!!! Two years of teaching behind me! (Kent has one more week.) I was thinking this morning about how my life has always revolved around the school year. I went from being a student, to marrying a teacher, having my kids in school, then becoming a teacher myself. The excitement of "the last day of school" has been a part of my life year after year, and I love it! I can't imagine life any other way.