Monday, June 1, 2015

Working Girl

Hola, my son! I have been anxiously waiting all week for your letter...how is your toe??  Did you get it fixed?  Was it terribly painful?  I googled "ingrown toenail surgery" ...ugghhhh, that was a mistake.  The images and descriptions were horribly gruesome, they freaked me out.  So I  slammed my laptop shut and decided to just pray for you instead.  I almost emailed Sister Bowler on Tuesday but Dad convinced me not to. He said someone would contact us if there was a problem. So I'm hoping no news is good news and you are okay.

Also, we are excited to hear if you had changes this week?  Any changes to your zone?  Let us know the news!

Today is the first day of summer break for Stefanie and I, hooray! Wow, another school year has come and gone! I am shaking my head that it is over, I can hardly believe I got through my first year of teaching first grade! The last day of school broke my heart. I cried my eyes out, but thankfully not in front of my little students--I was able to hold it together until I got home and let Dad and Stefanie deal with me. Some of them wrote me funny little love notes, one little girl asked if she could come home with me, haha. I will miss them all so much.

Yesterday your uncle Kevin came for a visit and guess what...he brought a girlfriend for us to meet!  Her name is Chelsie, she is a cutie!  He is taking her to Preston this weekend to meet Grandma and Grandpa Kindred! She is from Orem, served a mission in Europe, has a twin sister. We all liked her! You will probably meet her at the airport on July 9th! 

Stefanie has been busy at her new job, she worked over 20 hours last week! She is a cashier at a restaurant called "Greek Souvlaki" at Thanksgiving Point. On the day of her interview she had no idea what Greek food was, but now she said she is sick of it! She looks super cute in her uniform and is so excited to earn and spend her own money.



Dad flew home from Illinois on Wednesday, he was so grateful for the opportunity to spend time with Grandma Smith and say goodbye. He said she was very weak and frail and tiny, she has lost lots of weight. But she was alert most of the time and able to talk with them. Dad read your sweet message to her last Monday, he said it made her so happy! The visit from all her children seemed to revive her a bit, she has done a little better since then. Here is a picture.


I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan. When Grandma passes it will be sad, but what a comfort to know that we will see her again.  That is the whole reason you are where you are now and doing what you are doing!  I love the saying, "A missionary leaves his family for a while so others can be with their families FOREVER!" It is true.  I love you so much and am so proud of your work and sacrifice.  See you NEXT MONTH!!!

Love, Mom