Sunday, June 7, 2015

First Week of Summer

Hola, my son! How was your week?  Is your toenail healing ok? We are good, Stefanie and I enjoyed our first week of summer break! Dad's school district is always a week behind us, his last day of school was Friday, so now we are all finally on the same summer schedule. But not much of a break for Dad, cross country practice will begin tomorrow. Stefanie has not had much relaxation either, she worked every day last week. She really likes her new job, she has become good friends with her coworkers, she calls them her "work family"! One day I picked her up after a long shift and she made the comment that she was sad to leave! Dad and I think this is a great thing for her, she is learning to be responsible.  Her boss told her she was a hard worker so that made her very happy. She will get her first paycheck next weekend, she is so excited to earn and spend her own money.

Our New York trip is shaping up, we now have our airline tickets, our hotel reservations, and we just booked a matinee showing of Les Mis on Broadway!  So excited!  In addition to the Sacred Grove and Hill Cumorah pageant, we are also planning on seeing a Yankees game, the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, 9-11 Memorial Museum, a walk through Times Square and Central Park, and a visit to the NYC temple. George has done the majority of planning, he is good at surfing all the travel websites and finding the best deals.

An update on Grandma Smith, she is hanging in there!  She has good days and not-so-good days, Nancy has moved in with her and sends us a daily update.  A couple of weeks ago we were all sure Grandma was on her way out, but she has defied the odds so far. Her 81st birthday is on the 20th, we'll see if she makes it to her birthday.

This has been a good weekend, Saturday morning I attended the baptisms of three of my little primary boys, then that afternoon I did a session at the Mt. Timpanogos temple--I always love writing your name on the prayer roll!  It was Fast Sunday so Dad and I held a fast for you and for Grandma Smith.  I taught a great Sharing Time lesson in primary on the subject of the Godhead, my primary kids were very reverent! Rachel and George came over for a little while, we watched a basketball game together,  went for a walk on the Jordan River trail, then had family scripture study. Loved this weekend! I hope you had a good Sunday too!

So last week you mentioned that you had one of the WORST lessons of your whole mission.  What happened??  We are all curious to know.

We love you! We are proud of you!  Keep working hard!  Love, Mom