Monday, November 17, 2014

Cold!

Hola my son! How was your week? So I have to tell you, last Monday night we had the BEST family home evening EVER!  We did exactly what you suggested--we read the intro to the hymn book, then each of us chose our favorite hymn and we all sang our hearts out.  Then we looked up the scriptures for each hymn.  It was amazing!  We had Rachel and George here with us, and Stefanie's friend Swan joined us too.  Super awesome, thanks so much for the idea!  I think we will have to do that again sometime soon.

The high school basketball season has officially begun, Dad had tryouts last week.  No surprises at tryouts, and Dad has high hopes for this season.  He says his team is already way ahead of where they were last year.  First game is a week from Tuesday.

Thursday night was Stefanie's cross country banquet, it was very nice.  We ate pizza, they gave out awards, and she got a certificate with her name on it.  She seems to have lots of friends on the team.  She is all excited for the Foot Locker race in California in a few weeks, I just got her registered for it.  Also her first term report card came out a few weeks ago, she is doing great in high school!  Her GPA was 3.7! She got all As and Bs. Super proud!

It has become cccccold here! We had our first snowstorm of the year!  Last night was another BYU football game, Kevin got us two tickets but it was only 20 degrees outside so I gave my ticket to George.  Dad said the stadium was only two thirds filled, I think the cold scared away a lot of fans. We wish we were in the tropics with YOU!

Well, I hope and pray that you and Elder Yak had a successful week!  I hope you had a few investigators at church this week!  I hope you have found a few investigators who are pure in heart and ready to accept the gospel.  I am so proud of you and grateful for your worthiness to serve.  I love you so much!  Love, Mom

p.s.  I have been thinking about your camera situation…can you buy one there in Honduras?  I will transfer some extra money to your account!