Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween, 2014

Hola my son, I am very anxious to get your letter today.  I have been praying for you all week that you were able to recover from your illness and regain your health and energy. We held TWO family fasts on your behalf this week and your name is on the prayer roll.  I know the dreaded dengue is sweeping through the mission, many of my "missionary mom" friends  are worried about it. Is that what you were suffering from last week? I hope you are drinking lots of water and using bug spray day. I'm very grateful that it didn't keep you from your temple trip last week.  Heavenly Father knew how important that was to you, so he helped you to endure.  It sounds like it was absolutely amazing, I am so proud of you that you worked so hard to make it a success.

Happy La Dia De Las Brujas! How was it this year? We had a good one, one of my most favorite EVER, I got to spend it with 23 first graders! 




My favorite part was leading my class in the school costume parade, I've always wanted to do that!  Made me feel like a REAL teacher, haha! That evening Rachel and George came over for some burger beef stew (yes, we did eat some for you!) 


And then Stefanie went out trick-or-treating with her neighborhood friends and Dad and I sat on the porch and handed out candy to all my primary kids. Super fun day.


Did you read the letter from Coach Atkinson from Western Wyoming? Oh my goodness, we are so excited for you!  I called Kevin and read it to him, he is excited too!  Of course it is not yet an actual offer, but it sounds extremely promising.  I am still finishing up your application to BYU, who knows what will come of that...but you may soon have some difficult but awesome decisions to make. The Lord is definitely opening some pathways for you.  Love it!

Today we have gone back to Daylight Savings time, which means we are now an hour behind you.  It was nice to get an extra hour of sleep this morning, but we pay dearly for it in the spring when we lose that hour and suffer jet lag for the rest of the week.  I wish they would just do away with it completely, it is a pain to change all the clock around the house and in the cars. But at least I won't hae to wait so long to get an email from YOU!

Today in primary we worked on the primary Sacrament Meeting program, it is coming up next Sunday.  Please say a prayer or two for us! It is always a big job to get it ready, but the spirit is always very strong in that meeting and the kids do such a good job with their singing and speaking parts.  I am excited for the meeting, and also excited to have it done for another year.  This will be my fourth Sacrament Meeting program as primary president!  I hope it will go as well as in years past.

Well, I sure love you.  Hope you have a wonderful, healthy week with lots of blessings and success. Keep working hard!

Love, Mom