I loved
reading your thoughts about conference. It really was a great
conference, every session! I agree with you that a common theme was
that we need to be prepared to stand and defend our faith. This morning
in Ward Council Bishop Hancock had each of us share what we had
learned, or what stood out to us. Several people mentioned something
along those lines. Another theme I noticed that jumped out at me
several times, was the word DISCIPLESHIP.
*Elder Holland spoke on the cost and blessings of discipleship. He said, "The
path of discipleship is a straight path, and it is a narrow path...but
it can be thrilling and successfully traveled with steadfastness in
Christ. In courageously pursuing such a course, you will forge
unshakable faith, you will find safety against ill winds that blow, and
you will feel the rock-like strength of our Redeemer, upon whom if you
build your unflagging discipleship, you cannot fail."
*Elder Rasband spoke on the joyful burden of discipleship. He said, "To
sustain our leaders is a privilege; it comes coupled with a personal
responsibility to share their burden and to be disciples of the Lord."
*Sister Stevens said, "Wherever
we find ourselves on the path of discipleship, whatever our worries and
challenges may be, we are not alone. You are not forgotten. We can
face our challenges with prayer and trust in the Lord. And in the
process we become more like Him."
All
these references to the word disciple made me want to study what it
means, and how we can become a disciple of Jesus Christ.
In
other news you may be interested in, guess who is engaged?? Chris
Campbell!! He is getting married in July to a girl named Natalie.
Happy for him!
Tuesday night Dad got lower
bowl tickets to a Jazz game. His friend Craig from Bingham called him
up last minute and asked if he wanted them. Ummm, YES!! So Dad came
home, picked me up and we were off. The Jazz are terrible this year,
they don't have a chance of making the playoffs, but the games are sure
fun even when they lose by 20 points! Can't even remember who they
played! Haha!
Thursday we went on a hike with Rachel and George in Spanish Fork canyon to the hot springs. Have you been there? It was awesome and so beautiful! It is about an hour hike that ends near a waterfall. Then we sat in the hot springs with a naked, drunk guy. It was the highlight of our spring break!
This
is a magical time in our neighborhood…all the trees are in bloom! I
love this time of year!! When we moved into our home 12 years ago the
trees looked just like they do now! I took it as a sign that we were
making the right decision! So pretty. But they stink!!
I have been worried about your money situation! I'm so sorry you misplaced your debit card! I don't want you to worry about money, what can we do to help? You are right, you have much more important things to think about right now! Money should be the last of your concerns. Maybe you will soon get a package with an Easter basket filled with candy and money...
How are the families of Hermano Leonel, Hermana Caroline and Norma? We have included them in our prayers all week!
I have been worried about your money situation! I'm so sorry you misplaced your debit card! I don't want you to worry about money, what can we do to help? You are right, you have much more important things to think about right now! Money should be the last of your concerns. Maybe you will soon get a package with an Easter basket filled with candy and money...
How are the families of Hermano Leonel, Hermana Caroline and Norma? We have included them in our prayers all week!
Hope you have a great week. Love, Mom

