Monday, November 11, 2013

Our News this Week for Our Missionary

I enjoy posting the letters to my missionary each week, what a great record of all my family's happenings!  Here is our latest news

**********************************************************************************************************

Hola my son!  Wow, P-day again and time for another letter from my favorite missionary!  Do these weeks fly by as quickly for you as they do for me? I live for Mondays, the best day of the week because I get to hear from my boy!

It has been another packed week for us.  Dad's X-country banquet was Tuesday, it was really nice.  He had a huge team this year, 86 athletes, 28 of them seniors.  He and Rushforth both spoke and shared their favorite highlights of the season.  He brought home a stack of cards and letters from his runners, all thanking him for being a great coach.  Dad sure loves his X-country team!  Basketball tryouts at LHS begin this afternoon, so exciting!

Last night was my primary "Priesthood Preview" for all the 11-year-old boys in our ward.  It was great, I gave a talk on the importance of the priesthood.  Of course I mentioned YOU and said how proud I am that I have a missionary son who honors the priesthood and is worthy to serve the Lord.  As I looked around at all their faces I could hardly believe these little boys that I have known since they were babies will soon be deacons!  They are good boys from awesome families.

Dad wanted me to tell you that RSL won their first round playoff series against Los Angeles Galaxy.  They were behind one point after the game in LA, but won at home in overtime Thursday night 2-0 to move to the finals.  Last night RSL played at home against Portland, the #1 ranked team in the league and won 4-2.  They will play in Portland later this week.

Quick note from Stefanie:  hey braden! sorry i don't write you very much, i just don't think that i have anything cool to say, or anything that you would be interested in; but i think that taelor has written to you more times than i have and thats really lame so i will try to write you more (: haha i hope that you are doing well in tegucigalpa, in geography we are learning about central america, so i've learned about and seen lots of pictures of honduras, so i guess now i know everything about it. (;  hmm. ha cheer is good, we are working hard, we have a parents performance next saturday, and i'm not sure how its going to go, hopefully good, and our first competition is in december, i have my standing back tuck on the ground now (most days) you wish you could do that (; we are going to compete in california in march so i'm excited to go there. first term of school just ended and i got a 3.6 or something, and hey i was pretty proud of myself. (: ha so anyways just wanted to tell you i love you, and miss you a lot!! you are such a great example, i can't wait til i'm on my mission, and i will get a letter from you every so often. (; byeee

There was a huge typhoon in the Philippines this week causing much damage, death and destruction, it has been a major news story all week.  Not sure how much access you have to world news, so you may or may not have heard about it.  We talked to Bishop Hancock on Friday, he said it is the same place where Annika will be serving her mission in a few weeks.  Also, I have been thinking about your friend Amanda, and hoping she and all our Philippine missionaries are OK.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that Heavenly Father protects his servants.  We pray every day for your health and safety.

Love, Mom and all