Monday, November 4, 2013

November Letter to My Missionary

Hola, happy P-day!  So glad you had a good experience at Zone Conference.  I did a little research on Elder Ochoa, he is really an amazing man.  I read that he had been a mission president in Honduras a few years back, so cool!  And I enjoyed his talk at last conference.  Glad you got to meet him and listen to him speak, sounds like a great experience.  

Well, here are the highlights from the week...  

*We had fun carving jack-o-lanterns with Bryan and Katie and family on Monday night for FHE.  You were missed!  We remembered how you carved four different faces last year, so any way you turned your pumpkin you got a different expression.  Haha.  This year Stefanie carved one for you that said, "I (heart) my missionary."  So cute, it was my favorite.  And we discovered that George is a surprisingly talented pumpkin carver--his was great!
.
*Halloween was fun!  I loved being at school all day and seeing all the cute costumes, and singing spooky songs with my music classes.  Rachel and George came over that evening for Burger Beef Stew and rolls, then it was time for trick-or-treaters!  It was a warm evening so Dad and I sat out on the front porch to hand out candy to my primary kids.  Love them!  Stefanie went trick-or-treating with a group of friends and came home with a boat load of candy that she doesn't want to eat.  Dad was pretty excited about that.  

*Saturday was J**** B********'s baptism.  What a sweet kid!  I was asked by the stake primary president to play the piano at the baptism which I was happy to do, since I was planning to be there anyway.  Speaking of…have you had any opportunity to play the piano in Honduras?  The one and only hymn you know…Sweet Hour of Prayer!  We miss hearing you play the piano!  Especially Don't Stop Believing, Hallelujah, Piano Man, Charlie Brown, The Entertainer…and all the other masterpieces in your repertoire!  One more thing we all miss about you.  

*Primary was good this week, I taught the Sharing Time lesson on the subject of gratitude.  I passed around a picture of you in the jungle, described your living conditions, and quoted a line from your first letter sent from Honduras…"Appreciate what you have because there are a lot of people with a lot less than you!"  It was perfect for my lesson, thank you for that!  My primary kids loved it.

*Daylight Savings Time started on Sunday night.  Ugh, not a fan, especially this year because we will now be an hour behind Honduras time for the next several months!  But it was nice to get an extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning.

That is all our news!  We hope you've had a good week, can't wait to get another letter from you today. We love you!  
Love, Mom, Dad, and Stef