Thursday, March 7, 2013

Career Move

Well, the time has finally come.  After much thought and consideration I have made the decision to leave my part-time music specialty job behind, and pursue a full-time teaching job in a regular classroom for next school year.  I have absolutely LOVED my job as music teacher.  This is my seventh year in this position and it has been more than wonderful. It actually brings tears to my eyes when I think about moving on.  Ugh!  What am I thinking?? It will be so very hard to leave, but becoming a "real" elementary teacher has been my goal for as long as I can remember. I truly feel that the time is right to pursue my dream of full-time teaching.  Also weighing in on my decision is the fact that there are over a thousand children in my school, and every single one of them pass through my little classroom each school year. I feel such fondness for each of them but I don't have the opportunity to really get to know them and develop an emotional connection with them.  I want that, and to REALLY feel that I am making a difference in their education and learning.  Not to mention that with a missionary to support soon, a full-time salary would be a blessing.  So there it is!  Time for a change!  As if there weren't enough changes going on with my family right now!  The last few weeks I have been busy updating my resume, preparing for interviews, and collecting documents for my on-line application, including several letters of recommendation.  Here is one my principal presented to me today.  Makes me smile!