Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Letter To My Missionary Parents

Dear Elder and Sister Kindred,

Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful day.  We enjoyed a fun Kindred family get-together on Sunday night.  It was great to visit with everyone and spend time in Amy's beautiful home.  I think Rachel really loved introducing George to everyone, they were all so friendly and welcoming to him.  The family talent show was really fun, Braden played the piano and sang, and I accompanied Stefanie on the piano as she played a violin solo.  I don't think anyone in the family had ever heard her play her violin before, she did a very good job.

Yesterday (Christmas Eve) was great!  We continued our tradition of eating Christmas Eve dinner at a restaurant, this year we went to P.F. Changs in Orem for some Chinese food.  So delicious!  George came with us, it is fun to include him in our family traditions.  Last night we had a little family devotional, singing Christmas hymns and reading about the birth of the Savior from the Bible.  This morning was the traditional opening of presents and a big breakfast.  Braden was delighted with his new skis--thanks to Kevin who hooked us up with a great deal from Sundance!  Braden also got some luggage, clothes and missionary supplies.  Stefanie's best present was an i-phone which she has been begging for.  Rachel got some clothes and girl stuff.  Of course her favorite Christmas present was a beautiful diamond ring she received a few days earlier.  Kent and I each got a few needed items, nothing spectacular.  We were just happy to have all our kids home with us.  With Braden leaving on a mission sometime this year it will be a couple of years until we all can share Christmas together as a family again. 

This week will be crazy for us...Kent has a basketball tournament in San Diego all week, the families of all the coaches were invited to go too.  Braden has a soccer camp in Provo this week, so I am staying home with him while Kent and the girls will travel to California with the Bingham basketball team, coaches and families.  They will leave at 4:00 a.m. and ride a chartered bus all day.  Their first game is tomorrow evening.  I really considered leaving Braden on his own for the week and going to California too, but that idea didn't last too long.  I am glad to stay home!  They will get home on New Years Eve, just in time for a party at our house!  We invited Todd and family, Tami and family, and Kevin so it should be a fun night!  I am looking forward to 2013 and know it will be a great year for our family.  We have lots of things to look forward to...Braden's graduation in May, a family cruise to Alaska in June, Rachel's wedding in July and Braden's mission sometime this summer.  Wow, big year for us!
 

We love you and are proud of you for your missionary service.    Love, Janeal