Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blogiversary

It's hard for me to believe, but the end of this month marks a year since I started this blog. When I first heard about blogs I wasn't too impressed. To me they seemed extremely self promoting and I wanted nothing to do with them. But as I started regularly peeking in on a few blogs of friends and family I became intrigued. I was fascinated to find that people would open up and share their lives with whoever was interested enough to check in. I followed one link after another and realized that this was a much bigger trend than I ever imagined it to be. I wondered if it was something I could do and benefit from. Then, one year ago I hesitatingly decided to give it a try. It is not a decision I made lightly, and despite the precious time it requires, it was the right decision for me. This is my 87th posting and I love this new activity in my life! Now as I look back I see many joys and blessings that have come from it. In this year of blogging I have documented my life and the lives of my husband and kids, renewed friendships, connected more with extended family, tried a few new recipes, projects and activities, and improved my writing and photography skills. It's all been worth it, and I plan to continue for a long time to come. Happy blogiversary to me!