Hola, my son. Well, here it is, your last p-day and my last letter to
you as a missionary. In some ways it has flown by, and in other ways it
feels like it has been sooo long. Time is a very strange thing! I hope
you have had a wonderful last week of your mission, and that you are
feeling ready to say goodbye to Honduras, and begin a new awesome
chapter of your life. Excited to get your letter today and read your
thoughts.
Saturday was the 4th of July! Did you remember? We
celebrated by going to Stadium of Fire and rocking out with the band
Journey. They were awesome! Dad said it was his favorite Stadium of
Fire concert ever. They played all their big hits and ended, of course,
with Don't Stop Believing. It was awesome! The stadium was packed and
EVERYONE sang along, cell phones shining and waving. So cool! And the
fireworks show was pretty spectacular too.
Yesterday
we went to Rachel's house for Sunday dinner, and to watch the women's
World Cup Final. Hooray for USA!! World champions! So exciting!
Soccer is getting bigger and bigger in this country, finally we are
catching up with the rest of the world! it was a huge celebration.
And
this week we will be busy cleaning the house, stocking the fridge and
getting ready for our most anticipated event of the summer! I'm pretty
sure you have mixed feelings about coming home, but we are nothing but
thrilled and excited to greet you at the airport on Thursday night! We
can hardly wait!
One last thought...this week I have been
reading Ammon's words in the Book of Mormon (Alma chapter 26) where he
returns home from his mission and glories in the Lord. He wrote, "I say
unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have
supposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have
granted unto us such great blessings? ...behold, my joy is full, yea, my
heart is brim with joy and I will rejoice in my God...Now this is my
joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God
forever." This is exactly how I feel! I am so thankful to Heavenly
Father for all the blessings he has given to you as you have served your
mission, and to us at home as we have supported and prayed for you for
these last two years. What a two years it has been! My heart is full.
:)
See you Thursday!!! :):):) Love, Mom
