I
had a good week, I sure love teaching 1st Grade!! Friday we celebrated
100 Day! Do you remember 100 Day in elementary school? It was an
all-day celebration, we did projects all day long…strung 100 fruit loops
to make necklaces, worked on 100-piece puzzles, wrote 100 words, read
100 pages, stacked 100 blocks, watched 101 Dalmations, etc... super fun!
Stefanie showed up for the last hour or so, my kids love her! Can't
believe I have been a 1st grade teacher for 100 days! :)
Dad's
week wasn't quite as good, his basketball team is falling apart. Major
drama going on with big egos from players and parents. And it likely
won't get better this week, he has Lone Peak and Pleasant Grove coming
up this week, Lehi is not favored to win either of them. Ugh. What
started out as a great season in the preseason deteriorated as soon as
we started region play. But, as always, Dad is optimistic and
resilient. He has an awesome ability to bounce back. A good quality for
a coach!
I
will end with a spiritual thought…I have been reading "Jesus the
Christ". My goal was to finish by the end of the school year…but it is
taking longer than I thought. It is not something you can rush through!
Have you read it? I just finished chapter 10, about the temptations of
Jesus after he had fasted for 40 days in the wilderness. Satan tempted
him to use his divine power to provide food for himself. But Jesus knew
that his power had not been given to him for his own personal
gratification, but for service to others. It says, "It was a
necessary result of our Lord's dual nature, comprising the attributes of
both God and man, that He should endure and suffer as a mortal while
possessing AT ALL TIMES the ability to invoke the power of His own
Godhood by which all bodily needs could be supplied or overcome." Wow,
that is incredible self control! I hadn't ever thought about it like
that. Makes me want to try harder to overcome my weaknesses.
Well,
that is all for this week! How I love you! How I pray for you! Hope
you've had a good week, can't wait to read your letter.
Love, Mom