Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall Break

Hola my son!  I have a lot to tell you about this week!  But first…how was your week?  I am so excited about your giant temple trip coming up on Saturday, and all the baptisms that will take place that day.  I have prayed every day that everything will fall into place for it to happen, and it will be a highlight of your mission.  I went to the temple this week and put you and your entire zone on the prayer roll…I hope that will help!  Can't wait to hear an update about it, I sure hope everything is progressing forward.  What an amazing experience it will be!  

Today Brother Hammock came over to our house to help us begin your application to BYU.  It is a long process!  We can take care of nearly everything, but we do need a little help from you.  There are three short essays, 250 words or less.  If you will give me a general idea, Brother Hammock and I can flower it up.  Here are the three essay questions…

1. What is the most difficult thing you have ever done or experienced?  What made it difficult, and what did you learn?

2.  Which school would you most like to attend and why?  (BYU, BYU-Hawaii, BYU-Idaho, LDS Business College)

3.  Tell us anything else you want us to know about yourself that you haven't had the opportunity to describe elsewhere in the application. Include any special circumstances, experiences, talents, skills,  etc. that you think would have a positive impact on the admissions committee.

Brother Hammock says to be specific and express your feelings.  He definitely thinks you could use mission experiences if you would like.  Could you do this today?  No need to put too much time or thought into it, just give me something to go on and I will make sure it is awesome!  

 In other news, Friday and Saturday was Fall Break!  Finally both Jordan and Alpine School Districts were off the same days!  So we had to go somewhere fun.  We ended up going to Zermatt Resort in Midway.  



We met Rachel and George in Park City, did a little shopping and went out to dinner, then we drove to the resort where we checked into our hotel, did some exploring, went mini-golfing and hot-tubbing, then back to our room to bake cookies and watch football.  The next morning we slept in, Dad went for a run, and we made a big breakfast in our room. It was a fun little get-away! 

Wednesday night I was asked to speak at "Career Night" at Young Women.  I was very honored to be a guest speaker!  I told all about my experience of being a school teacher, my education and background, what I liked most and least about my job, some advice on how to be a successful teacher, and a question and answer period.  There were four other women who spoke, all with interesting careers.   Stefanie said I did a very good job!  Nice to be recognized for my efforts and achievements!  I really do love my job. 

One other thing…I have been posting all my letters to you on my blog, along with a few pictures. Not sure if you are interested or if you have time, but if you ever want to see a few pictures from home you can click on this link.

That is all for this week!  We love you and think you are awesome.  We are so proud and grateful to have you serving as a representative of Jesus Christ.  The restored gospel is true!  Hurrah for Israel! 

Love, Mom