Sunday, August 17, 2014

Finally a Real Teacher!

Hola my missionary son!  How are things in the Travasia? We were so happy last week to hear about your changes.  It sounds like a very challenging area.  Do you have a house yet?  Do you have any new investigators?  We are looking forward to your letter and hearing all your updates.

Well, I have some happy news…I am now officially a true elementary school teacher!!  No more teaching music for me, I am the new first grade teacher at Lehi Elementary! Hooray!!  I interviewed last Monday morning, and the principal called  later that afternoon to offer me the position.  I have been walking on a cloud all week!  I will meet my students tomorrow (Monday) evening at Back to School Night.  Can't wait to put faces with my list of names.  I have two Jacks, a Jackson and a Jaxston, haha!  Then the first day of school is Tuesday.  It has been a crazy, busy week with getting my classroom ready, cleaning out my music room at Saratoga Shores, and attending lots of faculty meetings.  I couldn't be happier or more excited! 

Stefanie has had a fun and busy week too.  She was at Girls Camp from Tuesday through Friday.  It was a great week for her to be away, because I was gone so much at my new school.  She had a fun time and came home filthy and smelling like a camp fire.  She has been telling us stories about Camp all week.  She is excited to start high school on Tuesday,  she has her class schedule and took a tour of the high school on Friday after she got home from Girls Camp.  LHS has been under construction all summer, they added an extra wing with about 16 new classrooms, she has a couple of classes in the new wing. It looks really nice!  Apparently they won't be bulldozing it down!

Saturday was Dad's first Cross Country meet, at Tooele.  Lehi Boys are really good, they won the meet!  Dad was surprised to learn that Coach Rowe is now the Athletic Director at LHS, he isn't coaching Cross Country this year!  Copper Hills boys and girls both came in 3rd, but Dad's best runner, Christian Allen, took first place.  He was way far ahead of anyone else in the race, Dad was pretty excited about that.   

Tonight we had our traditional priesthood blessings before the beginning of the school year.  I love it that we do this every year.  So thankful Dad is a worthy priesthood holder!  He gave both me and Stefanie beautiful, comforting blessings.  We are now ready for school!

Tomorrow (August 18th) is the my wedding anniversary, Dad and I have been married for 24 years!  Too bad we won't be celebrating, I will be at Back to School night, and getting ready for the first day of school.  Dad starts meetings on Wednesday, his students will come next week.  Hopefully we can go out to dinner sometime soon!

Well, my son, I sure love you.  I am so thankful that you are a missionary.  So many blessings have come to our family since you left over a year ago, including my new teaching job.  We are so thankful and proud of you!  Hope you have had an awesome week, can't wait to read about it.  

Love forever, 
Mom