Hola, my son! Another week has gone by, and you will hit your six month mark this week! Wow, how about that? So exciting!
Guess what Dad and I will be doing on Friday night? We are going out to dinner with Elder Glassett's parents! His mom and I have been communicating via email for a few months now, and a couple of weeks ago I got this message from her…
Sister Glassett: Now that the holidays are behind us, I would love to meet you and say hello.
Me: Yes, sounds great! I'm sure Braden would be amused to know that his mom and Elder Glassett's mom have become friends, let's do it! :)
Sister Glassett: I have heard nothing but great things about Braden, even from the boys on the Jordan team who got slaughtered by Lehi last year. Many of them remember him well and commented about his sportsmanship. It seems fitting that we should be friends if our kids are. Especially with the SUU connection as well. Yesterday I met Jerry, the Lehi coach, at Team Gear. I told him our sons were great friends in the mission and that my other son was the boy who got the concussion at the Jordan/Lehi game last year. He asked me to send my hellos to Braden thru Zach. I will do that next week.
Haha! You are still famous, even after being away for six months! We are excited to meet the Glassetts and look forward to a fun evening talking about our missionary boys!
Stefanie had another cheer competition on Saturday, this one was at Cottonwood HS in Murray. She did great, although we weren't sure she would be able to compete. She injured her shoulder and elbow pretty badly at practice the night before when she and another teammate collided mid-backflip. Stefanie was bruised but still had full range of motion, so Dad had her ice it all evening and gave her a priesthood blessing. Saturday morning she was really sore and cried all the way up until about 1/2 hour before her team went on. I just kept remembering that blessing and saying prayers for her. Thank goodness she was able to perform, she did her part on the stunts and tumbling passes, but we could tell she was hurting and wasn't 100%. Her team ended up fourth out of nine teams, so not their best showing but we were just extremely grateful she got through it! She has another competition next Saturday so she will have to take it easy this week and hopefully she will be back to full strength next week! Say a prayer or two for her, OK?
How is your "Hour of Power" going? I love it, every day at 4:00 p.m. (5:00 your time) I stop what I am doing to pray and read my scriptures. My study has been much more effective, I look forward to it every day. Thanks so much for the invitation! I hope it is helping, and that you are seeing some results. Also, you would be proud of Dad, Stefanie and I! We have not missed family scripture study for 20 days in a row! We started our new streak on January 1st and haven't missed a day since. Yay for us! We hope we can keep it up all year.
Now for a Lehi basketball update, we played on Friday night against Westlake and had an amazing comeback. We were behind by 15 points at halftime, then we had an incredible 3rd quarter and outscored them 34-9! We ended up winning by 8. Woohoo! They gym was packed and LOUD! So glad we got a win! Of course Dad's JV team won also, their record so far is 10-2, they are undefeated in region. Herriman coming up on Tuesday.
We had an interesting set of visitors on Monday evening, Courtney and Kaylie B. stopped by! They brought us a plate of goodies, and an invitation to Courtney's mission farewell. They stayed and chatted for about an hour, it was fun to see them.
That's all our news for the week! We love you! Excited for your letter today! Love, Mom