(author unknown)
I skipped the sales after Thanksgiving. The thrill just wasn't there.
No pictures taken with Santa, my decorating has less flair.
His gifts are not wrapped beneath the tree, but sent through the mail...no fun.
My Christmas will be much different because ...
This year I'm giving Christ my son.
I've spent more time in the temple, my testimony stirred.
I've read and reread the scriptures, felt strength come from His words.
Our family prays more often. My tears are quick to run.
Heaven seems closer at home because...
This year I'm giving Christ my son.
I stare at his mission pictures, his letters seem to shine.
The decision he made to serve the Lord has made his soul divine.
A foreign land is now his home, his choice and mine are one.
I've put my faith in God this year,
I'm giving Christ my son.
I know there's One who understands, the sacrifice I'm making.
Who knows the gift I willingly give, the toll it has been taking.
For He has done it all before...greater love, there could be none.
For long ago God gave to me…
His only begotten Son.
The hands I held, the hands I washed, the hands I taught to pray;
Now knock on doors to find the souls who will listen to
what he'll say.
Because I know Christ needs him until the gathering's done,
My gift has taken 18 years to create...
Because I know Christ needs him until the gathering's done,
My gift has taken 18 years to create...