It is time to wrap up the posts and pictures of our cruise. So much has happened and continues to happen with my family since then, I am getting way behind. So this will be my last segment of our adventure in Alaska, although I took so many pictures and have so many moments I want to remember, I could do several more!
Everywhere we turned it seemed there were cruise photographers wanting to snap our pictures. They then displayed the pictures in a gallery for guests to purchase if they wanted to. I bought several! Here we are at one of our ports:
This one was taken in our dining room one evening:
Our cruise ship featured a theme of fine art consisting of sculptures and portraits of voluptuous nude females. They were everywhere! At first we were all shocked and bothered by them, but after a week of living with them we barely even noticed them anymore. Haha.
To pass the time on our days at sea the ship provided all kinds of games, activities, shows and entertainment. Braden and Stefanie joined up with a club for kids their age. They had a great time and made tons of friends, they hung out with their groups nearly every night until the wee hours of the morning. Kent, Rachel and I would run into them as we were heading here or there. Rachel missed George and would have had more fun if he had been with us. But she hung out with Kent and I and we loved having her with us. I really enjoyed the musical shows in an incredibly beautiful, ornate theater. They were outstanding! Such talented singers, dancers and musicians. And of course the buffets were amazing. It was awesome to eat like kings for a week, never having to cook or clean a thing! We visited the fancy dining room several times too, and loved doing that together. Kent, Braden and Stefanie were adventurous by trying things like snail, snake, shark and alligator! Kent loved the karaoke parties, the live bands in clubs, and especially the trivia contests. Nearly every contest he entered he won! He received a little trophy after each win. I've got to enter him as a contestant on a trivia game show, he could make us rich! Here he is with all his trophies. He gave one to each of us as a souveneir.
Our first stop after Tracy Arm Fjord where we actually exited the ship and got to wander through the city was Skagway. This is where we went on our zip line excursion, but afterwards we had time to walk through the city and do some souveneir shopping. It is beautiful, old fashioned and charming!
The next day we stopped in Juneau, the capital of Alaska. This is where we went whale watching, but afterwards we did more sight seeing and window shopping. It is stunning!
And the final Alaskan city we visited was Ketchikan. We had fun here too.
And that was our experience in Alaska! We will never forget our last vacation with just the five of us. It was just what we needed to face all the changes coming up soon. So many wonderful moments of precious time spent together, I just loved every minute and am so grateful for the memories. I love my family!!






