Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving, 2012

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Todd and JoLynne and family. They were so kind and generous to invite us, we enjoyed every minute! We were glad that Kevin and Kathryn could be there too.  Thanks, Kathryn, for taking the picture!

I want to take a moment to recognize a few of the greatest blessings in my life, forefront on my mind today, that I enjoy every single day:
  • My wonderful husband who treats me like a queen, tolerates my quirks, is the most generous and helpful man in the world, tells me daily that I am beautiful and that he loves me, and is my best friend in the world.  He is a keeper!
  • My three children who bring me joy and laughter, who try my patience at times, but more often remind me how blessed I am to be a mom. How I love them!
  • My home. It’s not a mansion on the hill and will never be in an "Architecture Digest" ad. But it is filled with a spirit of love, peace, harmony and happiness. I love my home.
  • My health. I have plenty of energy and feel great most of the time.  What an incredible blessing.
  • My talents. I’ve been blessed with a few talents that enable me to succeed in my roles as wife and mom, elementary school teacher, and leader of a primary full of sweet children.  They allow me to decorate, create, organize and serve.
  • My surroundings. This area, to me, is heaven on earth. There is nowhere else in the world that I would rather live.  It’s a safe place. It’s comfortable and friendly and it’s home.
  • My testimony and faith in Jesus Christ and the knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me, knows me personally, and hears and answers my prayers.
I am blessed.  Happy Thanksgiving!