Kent and I had an awesome weekend. He signed up for a 3-day coaching clinic in Las Vegas and invited me to tag along. While he attended his classes during the day, I relaxed and read in our hotel room, worked out in the fitness center, wandered through the casinos, and did some people watching--Las Vegas tourists are crazy! During Kent's lunch and dinner breaks we went shopping and ate at extravagant buffets...oh my! I've never seen so much food! It's a good thing we were there for only three days.Kent loves this clinic, we came a couple of years ago. He was so excited to go again, along with over three thousand high school and junior college coaches from all over the country. He got to attend classes taught by several well-known and successful college coaches...his favorites this year were Matt Painter from Purdue, and Steve Alfred from New Mexico. He took a ton of notes and is all excited about a new zone offense he can't wait to try out, as well as more effective team practice techniques.
Friday night we went to an incredible Cirque Du Soleil show at the MGM Grand...I'll post about that soon. Saturday night we did some Vegas sight-seeing on the strip, shopped for souveneirs, and had our picture taken atop the Stratosphere. Viva Las Vegas!