Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas, 2009

Here is a glimpse of Christmas morning at our house...

A few Christmas reflections...

* Kent and I were awake before our kids this morning. I knew they'd been up half the night, I had heard them whispering and running around. We decided to get up and head downstairs to where the presents were piled, and wait for them to find us. While we were waiting we spent some loving, peaceful moments alone together. It was the calm before the storm.

*This could be called our Christmas of the Wii. We all got new games, I got Wii Fit, Braden got Super Smash Brothers and All-Star Soccer, Rachel got Ultimate Arcade, Stefanie got Littlest Pet Shop, and Kent got Pro Golf. Guess what we did all day...

*Braden was excited about his new electric guitar and amplifier. He is really good, it was awesome to listen to him practice through the afternoon.

*Stefanie got a new game, "Apples to Apples". After breakfast she put it together and got us all in a circle on the floor to play. It is hilarious.

*Kent has become quite the chef. One of my gifts to him was a panini press--a gourmet sandwich grill. He made honey ham panini sandwiches for lunch and they were equally as good as anything you'd order at Zupas, Great Harvest or Kneaders. I'm going to love this!

*Last night we continued our unique Christmas Eve tradition of dining out and a movie. We went to Texas Roadhouse, then to the new Disney movie, "The Princess and the Frog." Both were packed. I guess our tradition is not so unique, but it was lots of fun. Afterwards we came home for a family devotional, reading the nativity story from the Bible, sharing testimony and singing hymns.