Sunday, July 12, 2009

List of Ten

Ten Things I Loved About This Weekend:
1. Annual ward breakfast.
2. Sign language class with my two girls.
3. Lunch with my hubby at my new favorite deli: Zupas...yummm!
4. "Supervising" as my husband and kids stained the deck. I love family projects!
5. Shopping for living room furniture. I think we found the perfect set.
6. Hosting a late-night party for Stefanie and a yard full of neighborhood friends. They played night games, made s'mores and lit sparklers.
7. Watching a DVD that tickled my funny bone: "Stranger Than Fiction" with Will Farrell. (I normally can't stand his movies.)
8. Sunday afternoon drive...a weekly tradition.
9. Eating handfuls of delicious raspberries from our garden.
10. A relaxing Sunday with the fam.

Nine Things I Must Do Before We Leave on Vacation This Week:
1. Multiple loads of laundry.
2. Grocery shopping for meals and snacks.
3. Family trip to the library to get books and movies for an 8-hour drive.
4. Send my husband to get the mini-van tuned up and 4 new tires.
5. Print out directions from map quest.
6. Make sure each individual is packed, including their toothbrush. (Someone always forgets.)
7. Clean the house...I can't stand coming home to a mess.
8. Double check with the neighbors who are watching our dog while we are away.
9. Lose 10 pounds...oh, maybe I should have started on that one a little sooner.

Eight Things On My "To-Do List" Before Summer Is Over:
1. School shop for the whole family.
2. Take the Praxis test and pass it! I have to do this to retain my teaching license.
3. Get a head start on lesson plans for the new school year.
4. Purchase new living room furniture.
5. Paint the living room wall to match.
6. Dentist appointments for the whole family.
7. Veterinary appointment for the dog.

Seven Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. Family Vacation this week.
2. An upcoming getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
3. Martin Harris Pageant.
4. A surprise birthday party for a neighbor.
5. Hiking in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
6. Eating fresh tomatos and cucumbers from our garden.
7. New living room furniture.

Six Awesome Local Restaraunts: (we eat out waaaay too much!)
1. Zupas (my new favorite deli)
2. Paradise Bakery
3. Rumbi's Island Grill
4. Cafe Rios
5. Kneaders
6. Bajios

Five Favorite Summer Foods:
1. Watermelon
2. Corn on the Cob
3. Burgers on the Grill
4. Snowcones
5. S'mores

Four Movies I've Seen At the Theater This Summer:
1. Seventeen Again
2. Up (in 3-D)
3. Angels and Demons
4. The Proposal

Three Favorite Summer TV Shows:

1. So You Think You Can Dance
2. Wipe-Out
3. America's Got Talent

Two Favorite Michael Jackson songs:
1. Rock With You
2. The Way You Make Me Feel


One Awesome Commercial:
Check it out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2iTjPcv4Rw