Proms
Rachel's last two Saturdays have been dedicated to prom...yes, she went to two of them! A few days after the "yellow balloon" invitation I got a call from Nathan, a young man from a neighboring high school, who called because he wanted access to Rachel's room when she wasn't home. He came later that week while she was at lacrosse practice and created an Easter egg hunt in her room with clues inside each of the hidden plastic eggs--so cute!
Her dress is gorgeous, but took HOURS to alter. She needed about four inches hemmed, and there were NINE layers of fabric and netting. I think it took me about an hour per layer. What you don't see under all that fluff is her tennis shoes...she said she wanted to be comfortable.
Her best friend Kaitlyn came both Saturdays to style her hair and did a beautiful job, what a great friend!
Ah, the memories...she had a wonderful time at both proms. And I had a wonderful time helping her to get ready for it.