Here are the kids that afternoon with their valentine gifts from Mom & Dad.
Kent and I celebrated that evening by going out to dinner at a Japanese restaraunt called Tepanyaki's. It was great! Kent had been there before with his coaching staff, but it was my first time. He was so excited to take me there. I loved it, it is unlike any place I've ever eaten before. It is set up so that we sat at a communal table of eight people, surrounding a large hibachi grill. Then in came a personal chef--very entertaining--who prepared everyone's meal while we all watched. He was awesome, he did tricks with his knives and spatulas, threw around the meats and veggies, and tossed shrimp in our mouths while flames shot up throughout the show. So fun!
I'm just so thankful to have a wonderful man to share Valentine's Day--and every day--with me. Here are 14 sweet things he does regularly to make our marriage romantic and wonderful...* Never misses an opportunity to tell me he loves me.
* Tells me I'm beautiful (even in those moments when I'm pretty sure I'm NOT)
* Evening back rubs while we're watching TV
* Warms up my cold hands and feet
* Very outwardly loving and affectionate
* Brings me a glass of water when he thinks I might be thirsty
* Unloads the groceries from the car when I get back from shopping
* Rarely tells me no on anything I want to do or buy
* Lets me pick the movies we watch or where we eat
* Always opens my door and pulls out my chair
* Reaches things from high shelves--I love that he's ten inches taller
* Cleans up dog poop, kid vomit, toilet malfunctions, and other stuff too gross for me
* Takes out the trash, shovels the snow and mows the lawn--or makes the kids do it so I don't have to
* Does laundry, folds clothes, loads and empties the dishwasher, cooks great meals, vacuums, and cleans the house. I've NEVER met a man more helpful around the house than my husband. I'm so lucky!