It's amazing to me how each individual is blessed with certain talents and gifts. For some it is the talent of being a great cook, for another it may be the gift of compassion. My sister Margaret is the most organized woman on the planet. My mom makes gorgeous quilts, as well as knitted and crocheted afghans. My friend Sonya can sit down at the piano and play almost anything as though she's practiced it for weeks. My next door neighbor Lynette has a pantry overflowing with her bottled fruits and veggies. What wonderful gifts!Here are some gifts I admire in others, and am trying to develop for myself:
*the gift of generosity
*the ability to drive anywhere with confidence, and never get lost
*the ability to be positive in all situations
*the gift of spiritual sensitivity
*the gift of service--clearly seeing and acting on others' true needs
*the skill of understanding computers and technology
*the ability to remain calm under stress
Here are specific gifts I appreciate in my sweet family:
Kent: The ability to accept and love people just as they are. He is completely nonjudgemental.
Rachel: The gift of courage. She is--and always has been--able to step confidently into new experiences and situations.
Braden: The ability to be a friend. People of all personality types are drawn to him.
Stefanie: The gift of being sweet and loveable --I hope this will never change!
It's so easy to see other's talents and gifts, and so hard to recognize, appreciate or talk about our own. So tonight I will humbly--and timidly--list ten of my own gifts.
Ten things that I consider talents or gifts of my own:
1) The gift of dependability
2) The gift of sensitivity to the feelings of others
3) The ability to enjoy reading and appreciate good books
4) The ability to love and easily communicate with children
5) The ability to decorate my home
6) The ability to manage money
7) The gift of common sense
8) The ability to plan ahead and be prepared
9) The ability to create and appreciate music
10) The gift of a "green thumb"
2) The gift of sensitivity to the feelings of others
3) The ability to enjoy reading and appreciate good books
4) The ability to love and easily communicate with children
5) The ability to decorate my home
6) The ability to manage money
7) The gift of common sense
8) The ability to plan ahead and be prepared
9) The ability to create and appreciate music
10) The gift of a "green thumb"
What are some of your talents and gifts? I challenge you to be bold and tell the world. In this season of thanksgiving, I believe it is a way of expressing gratitude for them.